Thursday, March 4, 2010

Inspired

I have been inspired by so many blogs and people lately. I would love to inspire others in my blogging, but to be quite honest, I am doing this for me...myself...and I. I am hoping this might be therapeutic for me. I have battled depression and a weight problem for so many years. Last year I kept telling myself...this is the year...I am going to get the weight off and focus on myself for a change. Well let's just say...alot of it was so much talk and no desire to really make the life changes that needed to take place to reach my goal. I have a wonderful life, but my heart would break every time I would look in the mirror. When did this all happen??? How did I let this all happen??? Why had I given up on myself and my talents??? Why have I let myself go??? I have a lot to offer this great big world and THIS WILL BE THE YEAR for me to make those changes. I started taking a Zumba-Latan dance inspired aerobic class twice a week. I finally found something that I really enjoyed! I think it is so important to find something that clicks for you when it comes to exercise. So to date I have lost 23 pounds since last November and I am feeling fabulous! I have some pretty amazing friends and family who have been a huge support in keeping me focused on all of my long-term goals. So today I am feeling pretty blessed and happy! There is sunshine in my soul today!

4 comments:

  1. Congratulations! I look forward to sharing in your journey!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay for Zumba! Good job on losing weight-that is awesome! I am so glad you started this blog! I to look forward to sharing in your journey!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so proud of you. I know first hand the struggle with weight. I understand.
    You are inspiring me to change. Thank you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I feel your pain. I love weight watchers and all the support they give me. And to date I have also lost 35.6 pounds. I love the exercise bike and being able to walk with out the wheelchair. Lets keep each other on track. I love ya!

    ReplyDelete