Monday, March 15, 2010

My little Rainman

Raymond is absolutely obsessed with country music right now. When he gets something in his head he just can't let it go. We have gone through many different phases with him: sports, video games, food network, collecting books, and now he has discovered CMT and GAC. He started getting addicted to the Weather Channel...yes, the Weather Channel. Thank goodness that one did not last very long. He was constantly talking about tornados in Omaha and Hawaii. I am glad that phase was short-lived for sure. He has always loved music. He is not autistic but he always reminds me of the movie Rainman. He dances like he does..side to side...with his radio in his hands. If he is not watching country music videos on the TV, he is listening to songs through the computer. He is such a joy to watch. I was watching TV in bed last night and Raymond had his headphones listening to country music through the computer...sampling different songs from different country artists...and he was singing. The words weren't clear, but the melodies were...it just made me smile! I could watch him all day long. He is the funniest kid. I love to hear him sing. I don't think he even realized that I was listening to him so intently and that I was smiling and lost in his world with him. Do you remember how Rainman loved Kmart...that is how my Raymond is with Walmart. Rainman had to watch Judge Wapner everyday...that is how Raymond is with TV in general. It brings him some sort of comfort. When we go to Walmart Raymond always has to get a "treat" of some kind. He buys himself a new CD every Friday and I suggested that maybe he needs an I-pod for his birthday next month. My little Rainman is growing up and I am thankful each and every day that I have him and his little quirks! I get to see Jason Aldean on Friday and I don't even have the heart to tell Raymond I am going without him. That just might break his heart. :)

1 comment:

  1. I wish I had an extra ticket so we could take him too. Darn it! Rainman is one of our families favorite movies. He totally needs a Zune or Ipod. If you need any help with getting on please let me know. Love you guys!

    ReplyDelete